This exercise is worth a total of 10 points.
To receive full credit, you will need to review the scenario and write your ideas for a database maintenance plan in the text box below. Once you have completed your answer, press the submit button.
As the system administrator for the XYZ Rental Corporation, you need to develop a database maintenance plan for the Sales database.
- A full database backup takes four hours and you only have time to do it once a week.
- A transaction log backup takes 20 minutes.
- You expect that your data distribution will significantly change over a three week period.
- All tables have autostats turned on.
- You only want to perform backups if the database is not corrupt.
- You want to backup files to disk.
- You want the reports to be emailed to JoeSmith.
- You will also want to view the reports from your Internet.
- You will use integrated security.
- You need to be able to recover up to the minute.