SQL Insert syntax for SQL Server
- table_name The name of the table into which you will insert data.
- column_list A comma-separated list of the columns to insert data into. If this list is not provided, you will insert data into all columns in the table.
- VALUES Indicates that you are going to provide one row of data.
- DEFAULT Uses the default value from the table definition for the associated column.
- NULL Sets the associated column to NULL.
- expression Sets the associated column to the expression.
- select_statement Any select statement that does not use the compute clause.
- execute_statement You can execute any stored procedure that returns data.
- DEFAULT VALUES Used to specify that you want to use the default for every column in the table