Automatically invoking services in Windows
There are two ways that you can ensure each service starts automatically when the system is booted:
- Select the check box at the bottom of SQL Server Service Manager dialog that reads Auto-start service when OS starts.
- If you are running Windows NT, bring up the Services dialog box. Here's how:
- Select Start>>Settings>>Control Panel
- Double-click the services icon to bring up the Serices dialog box, as shown in the figure below:
- Double-click the desired service.
- Select Automatic from the Type drop-down list in the Startup section, if it is not already selected.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other two services.
- You may be required to reboot your server.