Introduction to Table Design Enhancement
There is a common saying among database professionals: Garbage in, garbage out.
If you do not take steps to control the information being stored in your database, you will get erroneous information when displaying the data in reports.
The place to start controlling the insertion of bad data into your database is at the table level.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Use the Validation Rule property to test data
- Set the Validation Text property to display a custom message
- Use the Input Mask Wizard to specify data input formats
- Set up fields that display Combo Box and List Box controls for data input
- Use the correct data type for optimal performance
In the next lesson, you will learn how to use the Validation Rule property to test data.