There are several other ways to create an AutoForm. Most notably, anywhere you see the New Object button (for instance, the datasheet view of both tables and queries) you can use it to create an AutoForm.
However, there are actually three types of AutoForms, and you should know about all of them. Remember that the definition of an AutoForm is a form created from the fields in one table.
However, the format of the AutoForm can vary. Three formats are available:
- Columnar: This format is what you create with the AutoForm button. The form is a two-column format with the list of field names on the left and the field contents on the right. Only one record is displayed at a time.
- Tabular: This format creates a glorified datasheet. Its a little more attractive, but it displays field names in a row along the top, and multiple records in rows underneath.
- Datasheet: This type of form looks like a datasheet. The form you created in the Simulation showed the fields from the Hours table in this style.
To choose the style of your AutoForm, follow these steps:
- Display the Forms view of the database window.
- Click the New button on the database window toolbar.